Hi there! As some of you might know, every tuesday is “find your personal legend” day. Today marks the fifth post in the series. Find all previous posts here.
Last time, I talked about dreams vs goals. There is a difference between pursuing your passion and making a living out of it. Sadly, many of us mistake their hobbies for their talents. Also, talent isn’t everything.
Where do I stand?
If you are following through with the posts, you must have made a list of your interests, tried out a few jobs. If not, do it first. Think about the ways in which you can pursue your passion. Don’t be disappointed, you’re bound to fail a few times. It is important to know where you stand and what you know before you proceed in any direction. Start with the basics. Build skills.
Still confused? Don’t worry. Ask yourself the following questions:
- What would I do if I could do my best in it?
- What would I do if nobody paid me to do it?
- What would I do if money wasn’t a concern?
- What would I do if my family supported me no matter what I choose?
- What would make me feel accomplished?
- What qualities I admire in others?
- Do I have those qualities too?
- Do I like a particular kind of lifestyle? who are the people living that lifestyle and what do they do?
- Is there a dream job I wished I had when I was a child?
- Do I still have that dream?
- Does it make sense? Fill my stomach with butterflies?
- Is there any place in particular I wish to live in?
- Do I like what I do?
- Am I ignoring my heart because I’m afraid?
- Does any of the above questions point in some direction? Does it make sense?
If you have already found the one thing that clicks, great! If you have not, try harder and newer things. Experiment. Explore. Discover yourself.
Look at people you admire. What do they do?
Try Gandhiji’s talisman: